0

Even a cup of "coffee" Reloaded

Posted by Major Dave on 11:04 AM in
Not long ago my friend and coach, Glenn G., challenged me to offer a cup of coffee to random strangers. Amazingly, as we gather for Winds of Hope, I am taking increasing delight in these acts of random kindness. Again this morning, as I set up the arrangement with the cashier at the local Starbucks, something clearly was stirring in my own spirit.

The words of Jesus come to mind:
Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man’s reward. And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward. (Mt 10:41-42 NIVUS)

For a number of years I have been aware of the importance of blessing and honouring the men and women of God who have a part in my life. I love to bless them by purchasing a meal, buying a coffee, whatever. Strangely, as a member of The Salvation Army, (an organization noted for offering a cup of cold water to the least), I had never realized the connection between verses 41 and 42. Each time I purchase a coffee as a surprise blessing to someone unknown, I believe that God somehow brings blessing to that person, and to myself.

Anyone have more insight into this experience? Long after this month goes by and I have risen to the challenge laid out by my friend-coach, I'll still be buying an extra coffee for "whoever"... and praying that somehow "ripples" will radiate, like circles of increased blessing. Posted by Picasa

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Winds of Hope All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.